Whether you have a current health condition that needs to be addressed or would like to improve your general well being, acupuncture provides many benefits.
- Acupuncture can relieve symptoms drug free, by stimulating the body’s own healing power to improve and restore the flow of Qi and blood to the body and internal organs.
- As a preventative, ongoing treatment, acupuncture maintains the body’s natural state of balance, correcting any imbalance often before you become symptomatic. This reduces the chance of chronic or acute conditions from persisting. At this level, the body is easier to treat, and more likely to respond to treatment.
Acupuncture is used in the treatment of a variety of conditions such as:
- muscular aches and pains
- digestive disorders
- anxiety and stress
- weakness in the immune system
- eczema and other skin conditions
- Reproductive problems, ie. period pain, infertility in men and women
- weight management
Acupuncture creates an ambient experience, inducing a feeling of peace and relaxation that enhances the healing process. All the needles used are sterile single-use needles only, adhering to the Chinese Medicine Board of Australia guidelines.
An alternative, non invasive acupuncture treatment that is used to treat people who have needle phobia and for treating children.
Laser acupuncture works by passing a therapeutic laser beam through the skin to stimulate acupuncture points without actually using needles. Most commonly used for the treatment of localised pain.
This includes conditions such as tennis elbow, shoulder pain, neck pain, and Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.
Electro-Acupuncture treatment involves the use of a device which is connected to the needles to provide a small electrical current through the muscles, promoting greater stimulation of the muscle groups involved and also greater stimulation of the meridians targeted by the acupuncture points.
Electro-acupuncture is best used to manage chronic and acute pain especially if accompanied by muscular tension and stiffness, such as lower back pain, tennis elbow, heel spur, ankle sprains, and nerve pain.